See, touch, and enjoy at the “Sapporo Pirka Kotan”!
“Sapporo Pirka Kotan” means “beautiful village in Sapporo” in Ainu language.
The purpose of this facility is to offer visitors an unique opportunity to enjoy, learn and understand the life, culture, and history of the Ainu, indigenous people who live on northern lands of Japan and have developed their unique culture. There are about 300 artifacts in the exhibition rooms, including traditional clothing, tools, arts and crafts, that you can actually touch and see with your own hands and eyes.
Why don’t you experience the Ainu culture in Sapporo Pirka Kotan? We look forward to welcoming you all!
- Business hours
- Mon・Holiday・Last Tue of the month Close 12/29～1/3
- Koganeyu / Hakkenzan
- Spring (Apr. – May), Summer (June – Aug.), Autumn (Sept. – Oct.), Winter (Nov. – Mar.)
- Outdoor activities, Indoor activities, Museum
- Small number of participants, Groups OK, Children can participate
- 061-2302 HokkaidoSapporoMinami-ku, Koganeyu 27